Wednesday, January 21, 2026

My Journey into a New Fandom: From Taiga to Taisho

"Maeda Taisho"


The first time I heard his name was in one of Taiga’s Instagram posts, I think back in June 2025. I remember thinking, "Maeda Taisho? Taiga, who is this boy?"
As my blog title suggests—Back in Time—I am a very loyal and devoted fan. I don't easily join new fandoms; I swear all my current favorites are people I’ve liked since their Jr. era! Because of this, I felt a bit "disturbed" (and reluctant!) that I had to keep up with this boy just to stay updated on Taiga’s activities. 😂
In July, Taiga posted about his "prince" again. I decided to research him and found out he was a candidate in the timelesz project auditions. My sisters had watched the show, and they didn't have many good things to say about Taisho, which made me even more hesitant to like him. 😓 Still, I told myself: "Never judge a book by its cover."
By August, I started watching his performances because everyone was talking about the cute choreography Taiga had created for him. After seeing him perform, my feelings shifted from "disliking" him to being neutral. I even tried to buy a ticket for his event on ePLUS, but since it required a Japanese phone number, I wasn't able to.
In September, I saw a tweet about a Sincere online ticket sale on TwitCasting (the platform I use for InaPi’s live tickets). Both Mayonaka no Circus and Maeda Taisho—both of "Taiga’s boys"—were performing. I bought a ticket immediately, right in the middle of the festival! I missed the live set for Mayonaka no Circus, but luckily, Taisho started his set just minutes after I joined.
That was the official start of my new fandom. I fell in love with his voice instantly, especially during "Don't Leave My Side." While he seemed a bit nervous performing at an "away" event, his "at-home" performances are even better.
So, I’m sharing Taisho’s performances at Sincere here:




No comments:

Post a Comment